Blood Bowl Perpetual Premier League

All good points, you’ve obviously given this some thought! I don’t think the manual ladder calc is a problem if we end up with a calc that works better for the league.

Just to say that over the weekend I’ll be attempting to upgrade the OBBLM to Death Zone 2 now that something “official” has been done: http://theendzone.co/blog/2017-obblm-patch-to-dz2.html

This means you may find that rrbbi.dopeybosley.co.uk is down.

On the up side, afterwards the new star players should be available and Gobbo and Pact players will have their roster updates.

I will however probably stick to the old naming conventions (to minimise changes). So e.g. Amazons will still be Linewomen, Catchers etc rather than Piranha Girl and Snake Charmer or whatever.

Bug Alert!

Hi Guys,

Santa has stumbled across a bug/“feature” in OBBLM. The SMP entry box seems to top out at 127… I’m suspicious that 0-127 is 128 numbers (i.e. half a byte for the computer geeks) and there is a limit somewhere. I will try and investigate this over the weekend. This means that the rankings may not be entirely correct as they stand.

Many apologies!

Dopey

Two important updates:

1. Scoring system

2. Plan for the playoffs

1) Scoring System

It seems my time is at a premium at the mo, so I’ve reverted to Plan E and there is now an automatic scoring system in place. It is an “Elo with Games Played” hybrid. So it still rewards you for playing games in addition to success. In some rare cases though, your score may decrease.

2) Plan for the playoffs

So the Irregular Season will end on Nov 30th.

The Premiership Title will then be fought over in a knockout stage. This will be conducted in December and January and finish in time for the Rygas Cup.

All are welcome to compete for the title. The minimum requirement is that you have played at least one Irregular Season game. By entering the knockout stage, you will be committing yourself 3 games to be played before the Rygas Cup starts.

The knockout will be seeded according to the Irregular Season table at the time. So the higher up you are, the more likely you will be to have home field advantage!

There will be a custom backlit LED trophy for the Premiership Champion! :star2::trophy::star2:

Quick note on star player use in the playoffs. Star Players can be used, but can only be induced from funds received as an underdog. Star Players cannot be induced either fully or in part from money from your treasury.

Here is a link to the Living Premier League Living Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gk4F2higFrCmcIebFlBEcb4qumwhs01bBfVmXSmGPE/edit?usp=sharing

New Players can sign up here: http://rrbbl.dopeybosley.co.uk or contact me

Orc Renegade now available for Chaos Pact teams on OBBLM

Looks like the League Table is stuffed though. It’s showing everyone on 0 for the Perpetual League!

Well spotted Santa. It seems my new update wiped my old update. Sorted now. Let’s hope nothing else got affected.

This is getting to be a bit of a beast to maintain now… :anguished:

Hi Folks,

Given that NAF have now made Brettonian and Deamons of Khorne “official” races (and that they are already in the OBBLM), feel free to use them in the Perpetual Premier League.

Remember to play at least one game by the end of November to qualify for the knockout :slight_smile:

Just a reminder that this week is the last opportunity to get a Perpetual League game in before the playoffs!! :trophy:

PLAYOFF TIME!!!

The playoffs this year will be contested by the Perpetual Killers, the Yvresse Harlequins and the Chaos Maul Stars. The Killers finished top of the irregular season and thus gain Homefield advantage.

The fixtures are:

Killers vs Maul Stars
Killers vs Harlequins
Harlequins vs Maul Stars

The top two go through to the final with the chance to win the LED backlit Trophy :trophy:

Anyone else can still play Perpetual League games as Friendlies. So do this, set a fixture in the “Off-season 2017/18” tournament. Use the rules for friendlies for these only that you get D6 winnings rather than D3.