Blood Bowl Season 10

bloodbowl

Well its nearly that time of year again, the Rygas Roughnecks Blood Bowl League (RRBBL) will be starting again at the end of January! Last year was great with a number of new coaches and I hope with the new edition of the game released we can continue this.

We will be running the league through the OBBLM again as that seemed to work for most people and saved me a lot of time and effort. All the teams from the new game plus the legacy teams are permitted, including Slann, Daemons of Khorne and Bretonnia. We will also be using all the star players from the CRP, Grak & Crumbleberry (FAQ’d version) and Wizards as an inducement option. Piling On (using the FAQ’d version) will also be allowed.

Extra rules for this league: You always get a minimum of 30k for winnings (after applying modifiers to the dice roll). A variation of this has proved popular in previous leagues.

Special Play Cards: Use ‘Variant One – The Points System (League Play)’ from the Special Play Card Variants rules (see attached). In addition, cards can be taken as inducements as described in the ‘Variant Special Play Inducement’ section. Cards from White Dwarf and the Human, Orc and Elf upgrade packs may also be incorporated into their respective decks. Blitzmania special play cards may be used as follows if you have access to them:

ALLOWED: Blitzmania Mania (Random Events); They Think It’s All…Ogre?! (Random Events); Pampered Players (Miscellaneous Mayhem).
DISALLOWED: Heel Turn (Miscellaneous Mayhem); It’s All To Play For (Miscellaneous Mayhem).

The old cards from the CRP can also be used as well for their respective costs.

Coaches will have 1,000,000 to spend on their starting teams as usual. If you want to take part please post below with your team name and race. Games will take place every 2 weeks according to a fixture list that will be drawn up before the league starts. If you think it will be impossible to play your fixtures on a regular basis please think carefully before committing yourself. Matches can be played outside of the club if that makes it easier to fulfil your fixtures, but please remember the club will be the primary location for fixtures to take place and nobody should be ‘expected’ to meet up outside the club if they are unable to. Each coach will play each other once, and depending on how many coaches take part we may split teams into multiple groups. After the group-stages there will be a semi-final and final, and possibly quarter finals too.

The same scoring system will be used as before, which for those of you who are unfamiliar with it is:
Win = 30pts
Draw = 14pts
Loss = 6pts
+1pt per TD scored
+1pt per Casualty inflicted (only Casualties that would earn SPP’s count for this)
-1 for each TD conceded
No team can score more than 36pts or less than 0pts per game.

Any questions on how the league works or how some of the new rules changes should be incorporated please post below.

Jonathan, League Commissioner

Coach List
Dopey - Bretonnians
Tom - Skaven
Jonathan - High Elves
Muppett - Orcs
Jim - Lizardmen
Dave O - Slann
Santa - Goblins
Cameron - Dark Elves

Link to OBBLM: http://rrbbl.dopeybosley.co.uk/index.php?section=main

Special-Play-Card-Variants-v3.pdf (448.8 KB)

Some additional league rules:

Concessions (when one coach is unable to play a fixture)
If one player is unable to make either club night that a fixture was due to take place on, and their opponent was available for at least one of those nights, then they will have to concede the match to their opponent. The conceding player gets a 2-0 loss with no casualties inflicted is recorded against them and the post-match sequence is adjusted as follows:
The Winner gets 2 MVP’s, one generated normally by choosing 3 players and rolling a D3, the other generated randomly by rolling a D16. This second MVP cannot go to Journeymen, Star Players, or players that would have missed that game. The Winner also gets two sets of winnings, one rolled as if they were the Winner (i.e. D6+1, re-rolling if desired), the other rolled as if they were the Loser (D6, no re-roll). Both sets of winnings are subject to the minimum 30k winnings league rule.
If they are conceding for the first time in the league, the Loser gets a randomly generated MVP using a D16 (as above) and loser’s winnings. They also roll to see if there Fan Factor goes down. This will all be taken care of by the League Commissioner if the player is not present. For second and subsequent concessions, the loser gets no MVP or winnings and their Fan Factor automatically goes down by 1. In either case, they do not have to roll for Expensive Mistakes, regardless of how much money they have in their treasury.

Abandoned Matches (when both coaches are unable to play a fixture)
If both players are unable to play a fixture during the period it is due, or if both players are available but on different club nights, then the match will count as abandoned. This is recoded a 0-0 draw with no casualties inflicted. Both players randomly generate an MVP, using a D16, and both get D6x10,000 winnings as if it was a draw and with no FAME bonus. Both players then roll to see if their Fan Factor goes up or down as if it were a normal draw result. Neither player has to roll for Expensive Mistakes. If one or both coaches are unavailable this may be done by the League Commissioner (with another coach to verify).

If teams are level on points at the end of the league, the following are used to decide final positions:

1. Highest Touchdown difference
  2. Most Total Touchdowns scored + Casualties inflicted
  3. Most Touchdowns scored
  4. Most Casualties inflicted
  5. Least Touchdowns conceded
  6. Win percentage
  7. Head-to-head record
  8. Most Sportsmanship Points accrued

Count me in! I’d like to go either Brettonian or Pro Elves as they are the teams I’m currently working on.

I’m in! Chaos (again) or Skaven.

Awesome, glad to see our defending Champion is returning. :smiley:

I will also be taking part of course, probably with High Elves.

Ace, I’m keen to join in this year guys - I’ll be playing ‘War Muppett’s’ - Orcs as usual

Am I correct in assuming that the base rule set is the new rules from the BB box + DZ1 + DZ2 + any clarifications in the Almanac rather than CRP?

I would be happy to join if people don’t mind playing at club. Kirton or around a house

Count me in, I’ll enter the InGen Interceptors again (Lizardmen).

Don’t forget we have the Kirton cup running on Saturday 27th January. Good practice for this.

Count me in. Slann or pro-elves. Rhinestone cowboys.

Yes, we are fully BB2016 now (for all the difference that makes!) with the following exceptions:

Inducements available from the CRP: original Star Players not in the new game yet; Wizard; old Special Play Cards

In addition, I need to clarify which of the optional extra league rules from DZ2/WD/etc we are using:

Rostered Star Players - NO
Sponsorship Deals - NO
Stadiums - NO
Famous Referees - OPTIONAL (may be used if both players agree to it)
(In)Famous Coaching Staff - YES
Special balls - NO
Themed pitches/Weather tables - OPTIONAL (may be used if both players agree to it)

Coaches should not feel obliged to use an optional league rule just because their opponent wants to try it out.

If anyone has strong feelings about why a particular optional league rule should/should not be included please feel free to say something as I am open to discussing it (although that doesn’t mean I will change my mind).:wink:

@Oakley - great to have you on board, just bear in mind the club will be the primary venue for playing matches, games at home/Kirton are a backup option to help players fulfil their fixtures.

@Jim_Albins - already signed up - I have my title to defend.:grinning:

I have slight reservations about the old 150k Wizard if we are playing BB2016 inducement rules (i.e. petty cash doesn’t add to TV). It might be a bit much if the overdog is allowed to induce a wizard in the final… like I did…

Alternatively, GW have indicated that they might change the BB2016 inducements to be the same as CRP. We could pre-empt and do the same although I quite like the simpler version.

In the interests of fairness, would it be best to make this “if both players agree” or alternatively, make the inducements available to everyone? The 30k and 40k ones are especially useful to round off inducement spare change; I’ve listed them here:

Special Play [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
As per CRP

Extra Team Training [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
As per CRP

Bribe [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
As per CRP

Bloodweiser Keg [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
As per CRP “Bloodweiser Babe”

Weather Mage [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
Cost: 40,000 GP
"Using magic to influence the weather is certainly frowned upon…"
Rules: You can use your Weather Mage once per game, at the start of either team’s turn (before any player takes an Action). Roll on the Weather table, adding or subtracting up to 3 from the result. The resulting effects last until the end of the turn, replacing the existing weather conditions until then.

Revitalizing Tonic [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
Cost: 30,000 GP
"Players looking down in the dumps?` Lacking get-up-and-go? Crimson Minotaur is just what you need!"
Rules: Once per match you can force this colourful brew down a KO’d player’s throat at the start of a drive, instead of rolling to see whether they recover. Roll a D6. On a 2 or more, they spring to their feet and recover, but on a 1 they remain KO’d.

Interference [Winterbowl Inducements] (available via the Winterbowl event)
Cost: 30,000 GP
"If you’re up against it, there’s nothing wrong with enlisting the fans to help."
Rules: Once during the game, before your opponent makes a dice roll for a player that is within two squares of the sidelines, you can declare Interference to give them an additional -1 modifier to the dice roll.

If both players have to agree then there might be incentive to veto the cards when your opponent has, say, only 40k to spend.

That is a good point, but really the key issue is that it is a (albeit small-ish) disadvantage to people without the cards. My preference would be that either ALL or NO players have access to the Winterbowl inducements (but of course Jonathan has the final say in the Rygas Cup :slight_smile:)

I guess the same can be said about the team specific special play cards for humans, orcs and Elves as only those 3 teams have them so does it give them an advantage? I’ve not seem those cards myself so couldn’t say. But might be worth considering

will be fine @Jonathan I just checked my rosta and latest I finish is 8pm so would have to be a late game or on a day off. what date are you thinking of starting ???

@Dopey could you rest my password to your website I cant remember it and can rest it for some reason

cheers
Oakley

I’ve changed your password dude! I’ve sent PM with details.

Thanks dopey

@Jonathan please can you sign up the the nurgle teams Rot ‘n’ Bother

Can I make my first choice Bretonnians? Team name: “Modus Blockerandi”