Blood Bowl Season 11

bloodbowl

Thanks Dopey.

I have now added all the fixtures to the OBBLM, and I think I have done it correctly. The fixtures work out as follows:

Round 1 w/c 27/02/19
Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O) v Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa)
Cranbrook Cretins (Phil) v Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan)
Dodgey Muppetts (Drew) v The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev)

Round 2 w/c 13/03/19
Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa) v Cranbrook Cretins (Phil)
The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev) v Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan)
Dodgey Muppetts (Drew) v Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O)

Round 3 w/c 27/03/19
Cranbrook Cretins (Phil) v The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev)
Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa) v Dodgey Muppetts (Drew)
Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan) v Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O)

Round 4 w/c 10/04/19
Dodgey Muppetts (Drew) v Cranbrook Cretins (Phil)
Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O) v The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev)
Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan) v Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa)

Round 5 w/c 24/04/19
Cranbrook Cretins (Phil) v Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O)
Dodgey Muppetts (Drew) v Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan)
The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev) v Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa)

Round 6 w/c 08/05/19
Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan) v Cranbrook Cretins (Phil)
Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa) v Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O)
The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev) v Dodgey Muppetts (Drew)

Round 7 w/c 22/05/19
Cranbrook Cretins (Phil) v Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa)
Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan) v The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev)
Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O) v Dodgey Muppetts (Drew)

Round 8 w/c 05/06/19
The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev) v Cranbrook Cretins (Phil)
Dodgey Muppetts (Drew) v Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa)
Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O) v Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan)

Round 9 w/c 19/06/19
Cranbrook Cretins (Phil) v Dodgey Muppetts (Drew)
The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev) v Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O)
Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa) v Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan)

Round 10 w/c 03/07/19
Rhinestone Ogreboys (Dave O) v Cranbrook Cretins (Phil)
Angry Ron’s Rampagers (Jonathan) v Dodgey Muppetts (Drew)
Yer A Lizard Arry (Santa) v The Hard Dazed Knights (Kev)

FINAL 17/07/2019

I’ve also attached a PDF version of the fixtures in case anyone wants to print out a copy.
Rygas Cup XI fixtures.pdf (99.3 KB)

For the first time we have been running this league all the opening games resulted in a draw! Santa is top of the league for now due to having inflicted the most casualties, and Phil is propping up the table as his players failed to inflict any, but with only 6pts separating them no-one has a significant advantage at this stage.

Please remember to pick your skills and hire any journeymen you need at least a day before your next game so your opponent has a chance to review your roster ahead of the match. If anyone is unsure how to do this in the OBBLM, let me know.

@Kev are you available on the 13th for our match?

Hi Jonathan, yes the 13th is fine for me. I’ll be there around 6-6:30

Great, see you then. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a couple of admin bits:

The ‘Total Team CAS’ boxes in the Cretins vs Knights game had not been completed, so I have now filled that in. As a result, both teams have now have an additional 2 points in the league table.

I have updated the Elf Catcher on Drew’s team to have +1AG as the choice from his improvement roll as per his request. Drew still needs to decide whether to hire or fire his 2 Journeymen as he can’t keep them as Journeymen for his next match. Additionally, it would be nice if Drew could name his players.:grinning:

Some of you (actually, all of you) will have noticed that one of the games of Blood Bowl did not take place this week as scheduled. It has been agreed that Drew (@Muppett) and Phil will play next week, and then I will play Drew and Phil will play DaveO the week after and then we will all be caught up in time for round 6. Should Drew miss either of these games, he will be forced to forfeit those matches.

Yeh thanks guys, see you Wednesday

Just wanted to say I looked at the match record you put in and it needs some minor corrections. The IR 1 D1 and IR 1 D2 boxes are used for recording the actual dice rolls of the Improvement Rolls, not the Injury Rolls which I think is what you’ve used them for (it confused me the first time as well). The Inj box is used for recording the results of injuries, which I see you have done. If you are able to correct this using your match record sheet that would be great.

Yeh being labelled IR is a bit silly

All amended, see you Wednesday

Well we’re halfway through the league now and the last round went the same way as the first - everyone drew! :grin: With so many draws, the top and bottom teams are separated by just 79pts which is not an insurmountable difference, although The Hard Dazed Knights are looking good for a top-two finish and a play-off place.

Now the teams all have some experience under their belts, it will be interesting to see how the results for the return matches differ from the first times each team met.

Well tonights results have certainly shaken things up a bit. Still waiting for one game to be put in but it looks like the top 4 will be separated by about one wins worth of points, whilst the Ogres and Skaven have closed the gap a little more and stand an outside chance if they can go on a late run of wins.

I realised as soon as I got home that after the dramatic end to our match Phil and I had forgotten to roll for winnings and fan factor. As a stop-gap measure I have given both teams 30k winnings (the minimum they could both receive) to allow basic purchases and get the teams ready for the next match, however before the next game we’ll both need to roll for winnings and Fan Factor, and then I will adjust it if there is a change in FF or either of us get more than 30k winnings. For now, please take into account the team values may be +/-10k at least when thinking about any inducements you may take for the next round of matches.

Just to say in case anyone notices something has changed, I had to deduct 1pt from @Santa’s league points total as he gained a total of 37pts from his game against Phil, and as per the league rules the most you can earn from a single game is 36pts.

Boo Hiss Meanie :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, the Cranbrook Cretins are so bad they broke the league lol.

Well with all the teams having played 9 games I thought this would be the ideal time to summarise what every team has left to play for in the final round!

Dodgey Muppetts - will qualify for the final with a win or a draw. If the Knights and Lizards draw their final game, then a narrow loss should also be enough to see them through.

Yer a Lizard 'Arry - a win will see them into the final for certain. A draw will also be enough as long as the Rampagers fail to win their last game. If they lose they can’t qualify.

The Hard Dazed Knights - Need a win to be sure of qualifying, and even then they’ll need to pick up some bonus points from casualties and TD difference to make sure. If they secure a bare minimum win they can still get pipped by the Rampagers and Muppetts if the results go their way. A draw or a loss and they will fail to qualify whatever the result of the other match.

Angry Ron’s Rampagers - Need a win with a couple of bonus points to get above the Muppetts and qualify for the final. If they achieve that it won’t matter what the result of the other game is. If they fail to overhaul the Muppetts in the league table they will need the Knights and Lizards to draw, otherwise they will fail to qualify for the final.

Rhinestone Ogreboys - Will finish 5th whatever the outcome of their final match. Can they make it 3 wins this season?

Cranbrook Cretins - Unfortunately they will finish bottom whatever the result of their final match, but maybe they can salvage some pride by securing their first win of the season.

As Drew is on holiday we will be playing our game on the 17th July. Technically this is after round 10 was due to be played, and under normal rules Drew would be forced to forfeit the match for missing the fixture, but I have decided we should play the game anyway as not playing it could give us an unfair advantage over Kev and Santa depending on how their final match goes.

Hi all, I’m new to the southwest and currently living close to Exeter. I’m a returning blood bowl player with an Undead Team. Looking to join a league although I’m very rusty and have only played one offs or cups previously. Just wondering when your league starts again and if I could join?

Hey dude!

The current league will be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Then the “Perpetual League” which is an ongoing league will resume shortly after. That is a casual “drop in drop out” league that should suit?

…I just need a couple of weeks to upgrade the league manager.

Cheers!

Dopey

Thanks for the info. My team is still up north anyway with most of my stuff. Will be collecting it in a few weeks and then can get playing.

So the league has concluded for this year and congratulations to Santa for becoming the season 11 champion! I’ll bring the trophy in tomorrow for the official handover. :smiley:

Commiserations do Drew who I understand gave Santa a close game until his luck run out right at the end.

Thanks also to everyone else for completing your matches on schedule and keeping the league running smoothly. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Below is a worm plot of everyone’s positions over the course of the season. Whilst at some points it doesn’t look like there was much change, there were a few times when the top 4 were separated by less than 10 points, meaning that even one of those matches producing a different result could have changed positions quite drastically.

Also attached is the updated League winners list, and the Rygas League rankings for those that are interested. As current champion, Santa is automatically ranked no. 1 even though he doesn’t have the most ranking points over the last 3 seasons.

If you haven’t had enough Blood Bowl, we should be starting the perpetual Premier League again soon. Santa is currently the champion of this as well, can he be deposed when the final is played next January?

Cheers,
Jonathan, League Commissioner

RRBBL History.pdf (67.4 KB)
Rygas Blood Bowl Rankings 2019.pdf (124.2 KB)

In celebration of Santa’s success, GW are releasing a new lizard team!