I’m planning on starting up the annual Rygas Cup Blood Bowl league again at the end of January. I’ll put up more details in the next few days but if you are interested in taking part reply below!
EDIT: here’s the main details of the league.
We will be running the league through the OBBLM again as that seemed to work for most people and saved me a lot of time and effort. All the teams from the new game plus the legacy teams are permitted, including Slann, Daemons of Khorne and Bretonnia.
Extra rules for this league: You always get a minimum of 20k for winnings (after applying modifiers to the dice roll). A variation of this has proved popular in previous leagues.
In addition to the above, the other inducements and special rules are classified as follows:
• Mandatory – these rules have to be used, and the inducements can be taken without their opponent’s permission.
• Optional – these rules and inducements may be used if both players agree to them before the game. Coaches should not feel obliged to use an optional league rule just because their opponent wants to try it out.
• Disallowed – these rules and inducements may not be used, even if both players want to.
• All star players from CRP, Death Zone’s, Spike! Magazine and Grak & Crumbleberry (FAQ’d version). Where two versions of an identically named player exist (e.g. Lewdgrip Whiparm), use the most recently published version.
• Piling On skill (FAQ’d version)
• Special Play Cards: Use ‘Variant One – The Points System (League Play)’ from the Special Play Card Variants rules (see attached). In addition, cards can be taken as inducements as described in the ‘Variant Special Play Inducement’ section. Cards from White Dwarf and the race-specific upgrade packs may also be incorporated into their respective decks. Blitzmania special play cards may be used as follows if you have access to them:
o ALLOWED: Blitzmania Mania (Random Events); They Think It’s All…Ogre?! (Random Events); Pampered Players (Miscellaneous Mayhem).
o DISALLOWED: Heel Turn (Miscellaneous Mayhem); It’s All To Play For (Miscellaneous Mayhem).
• CRP Special Play Cards (Inducements only)
• (In)Famous Coaching Staff
• Bloodweiser Keg/Babe
• Extra Team Training
• Wandering Apothecaries
• Igor/Plague Doctor
• Specialist Coaches
• Temp Agency Cheerleaders
• Hireling Sports-Wizard (plus variants from Spike! Magazine)
• Weather Mage
• Cavorting Nurglings
• Bottles of Heady Brew
• Riotous Rookies
• Slave Giant
o Famous Referees
o Themed pitches/Weather tables
o Golden Era Star Players
o Winterbowl Inducement cards
o Rostered Star Players
o Sponsorship Deals
o Special balls
Coaches will have 1,000,000 to spend on their starting teams as usual. If you want to take part please post below with your team name and race.
Important Change for this Season: As we are a bit short of ideal numbers I have decided we are going to try a more flexible format this year that allows coaches to drop in and out of the league more easily. As usual, there will be league matches culminating in a series of knock-out games to determine this year’s winner. However, rather than having set fixtures to be completed within two-week windows, I’m going to leave it to coaches to arrange their own matches. There will be a period of league play lasting from 12th February to 10th June for coaches to play their matches. At the end, ANY coach that meets the minimum criteria below will be eligible to proceed to the knock-out phases and the chance to win the much-coveted Rygas Cup! The criteria are:
- Play 4 matches against 4 different opponents
- Play 5 matches against 3 different opponents
- Play 6 matches against 2 different opponents
Coaches cannot play each other more than four times during the league period. Note that fulfilling one of the above criteria is the only way to qualify for the knock-out stages. League position alone doesn’t guarantee it, although it will determine seedings/byes and a better final position when the league stage ends should make your route through the knock-out stages more favourable. Note that this means you could qualify for the knock-out stages even if you lost every league match, you just need to play the games! Matches can be played outside of the club if that makes it easier to fulfil your fixture requirements.
The same scoring system will be used as before, which for those of you who are unfamiliar with it is:
Win = 30pts
Draw = 14pts
Loss = 6pts
+1pt per TD scored
+1pt per Casualty inflicted (only Casualties that would earn SPP’s count for this)
-1 for each TD conceded
No team can score more than 36pts or less than 0pts per game.
Any questions on how the league works or how some of the new rules changes should be incorporated please post below.
Jonathan, League Commissioner
Jonathan - Norse
Santa - Dark Elves
Jim - Chaos
Dave O - Wood Elves
Dopey - Human
Phil - Skaven
Link to OBBLM: http://rrbbl.dopeybosley.co.uk/