I’m planning on starting up the annual Rygas Cup Blood Bowl league again at the end of January. I’ll put up more details in the next few days but if you are interested in taking part reply below!
EDIT: here’s the main details of the league.
We will be running the league through the OBBLM again as that seemed to work for most people and saved me a lot of time and effort. All the teams from the new game plus the legacy teams are permitted, including Slann, Daemons of Khorne and Bretonnia.
Extra rules for this league: You always get a minimum of 30k for winnings (after applying modifiers to the dice roll). A variation of this has proved popular in previous leagues.
In addition to the above, the other inducements and special rules are classified as follows:
• Mandatory – these rules have to be used, and the inducements can be taken without their opponent’s permission.
• Optional – these rules and inducements may be used if both players agree to them before the game. Coaches should not feel obliged to use an optional league rule just because their opponent wants to try it out.
• Disallowed – these rules and inducements may not be used, even if both players want to.
• All star players from CRP, Death Zone’s, Spike! Magazine and Grak & Crumbleberry (FAQ’d version). Where two versions of an identically named player exist (e.g. Lewdgrip Whiparm), use the most recently published version.
• Piling On skill (FAQ’d version)
• Special Play Cards: Use ‘Variant One – The Points System (League Play)’ from the Special Play Card Variants rules (see attached). In addition, cards can be taken as inducements as described in the ‘Variant Special Play Inducement’ section. Cards from White Dwarf and the race-specific upgrade packs may also be incorporated into their respective decks. Blitzmania special play cards may be used as follows if you have access to them:
o ALLOWED: Blitzmania Mania (Random Events); They Think It’s All…Ogre?! (Random Events); Pampered Players (Miscellaneous Mayhem).
o DISALLOWED: Heel Turn (Miscellaneous Mayhem); It’s All To Play For (Miscellaneous Mayhem).
• CRP Special Play Cards (Inducements only)
• (In)Famous Coaching Staff
• Bloodweiser Keg/Babe
• Extra Team Training
• Wandering Apothecaries
• Igor/Plague Doctor
• Specialist Coaches
• Temp Agency Cheerleaders
• Hireling Sports-Wizard (plus variants from Spike! Magazine)
• Weather Mage
• Cavorting Nurglings
• Bottles of Heady Brew
• Riotous Rookies
• Slave Giant
o Famous Referees
o Themed pitches/Weather tables
o Golden Era Star Players
o Winterbowl Inducement cards
o Rostered Star Players
o Sponsorship Deals
o Special balls
Coaches will have 1,000,000 to spend on their starting teams as usual. If you want to take part please post below with your team name and race. Games will take place every 2 weeks according to a fixture list that will be drawn up before the league starts. If you think it will be impossible to play your fixtures on a regular basis please think carefully before committing yourself. Matches can be played outside of the club if that makes it easier to fulfil your fixtures. Each coach will play each other once, and depending on how many coaches take part we may split teams into multiple groups. After the group-stages there will be a semi-final and final, and possibly quarter finals too.
The same scoring system will be used as before, which for those of you who are unfamiliar with it is:
Win = 30pts
Draw = 14pts
Loss = 6pts
+1pt per TD scored
+1pt per Casualty inflicted (only Casualties that would earn SPP’s count for this)
-1 for each TD conceded
No team can score more than 36pts or less than 0pts per game.
Any questions on how the league works or how some of the new rules changes should be incorporated please post below.
Jonathan, League Commissioner
Jonathan - Norse
Santa - Wood Elves
Jim - Chaos
Dave O - Wood Elves
Link to OBBLM: http://rrbbl.dopeybosley.co.uk/