Blood Bowl Season 9

bloodbowl

I think he’s going to get an open top bus ride of Exeter in honour of his performance

*kroxeter

A very dramatic series of final games by the sounds of things and exactly what I was hoping for when the league started. Wish I’d had more time to just be a spectator. Congratulations to Jim for securing a top 4 spot and commiserations to those who missed out. I will of course be doing my best to help Cameron qualify as well but I think beating Dopey will be challenging enough, let alone handing out a 6-0 thrashing.

I was asked if there will be a play-off for those who didn’t qualify for the play-offs. As far as I’m concerned the final league positions after round 9 are fixed, however if you want to carry on using the same teams and arrange your own ‘Best of the Rest’ play-off feel free to do so.

If people are interested in “Best of the Rest” then let me know so that I can set up OBBLM for you to arrange your own fixtures

The regular fixtures have now concluded and the top 4 places have been decided. The semi-finals will be contested as follows:

Altdorf Villains FC v the InGen Interceptors
Horny Ball Grabbers v Flash Blitz Freebooterz

Matches have to end with a winner so extra-time will be played if necessary and, if its still a draw after that, it goes to the dreaded dice-off. The winners of each semi will of course then play each other in the final to decide who will be the Rygas League Champion, whilst the other two teams can play a 3rd place play-off if both coaches are interested.

I just want to say thank you to everyone else for taking part and doing their best to fulfil all their fixtures. This has been one of the most hotly contested leagues we have had at the club with many of the games being very tight and the competition for the play-offs closer than ever, which I think has made things all the more interesting and has me very excited for next year’s league already.:smiley::clap::football:

Great Stuff Jonathan, many thanks for Commishing!

Apologies @Jonathan that I didn’t have time to finish our game - it was turning into an epic encounter! … Work has been stressful and I was getting increasingly panicked that I needed to get home and rest my brain. I probably should have been clearer that I needed to finish promptly.

Apologies also to @Jonathan, @Jim_Albins, @Nanuek and @Cameron as the early end has probably caused an unknown (but hopefully minor) impact on the semis. Crucially, we’d made it through 3/4 of the game, so it would have been virtually impossible for Jonathan to score 6 more to change the qualifying teams.

I’d recommend starting the semis as soon after 6 as possible in case they go to Overtime.

… probably also Jonathan and I need to have a serious look at our playing speed (I think we are the two slowest players at the club! :slight_smile: )…

Chess clocks!

or amphetamines.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit meth amphetamines…

We do have some battery operated stop clocks at the club which we used to use when we were sticking to 4 minute turns for Blood Bowl. We could use them for overtime and perhaps the second half too if a match is running behind schedule.

@Dopey - I think both our brains were quite fried the other night! :smile:

@Dopey are you around on the 14th for our semi final?

@Nanuek, that should be fine mate! Looking forward to it!

@Jonathan, can we use Star Players in the playoffs? Traditionally we have, but DZ1 says no in the league rules section.

To be even handed, let’s do both. Jim can induce them against Jonathan, but you can’t against your opponent. Fair.

I was thinking something along the lines of ‘no star players allowed unless they are called Zug’.

Since DZ1 came out after the league started and this point has been overlooked until now, I will allow star players and mercenaries in the play-offs. I might change it next year, but I think it sounds very harsh on stunty teams that are fortunate enough to make the play-offs.

Many thanks to all the coaches in this years’ Rygas Cup! It’s been very competitive, but still lots of fun! :slight_smile: There have been some really eventful matches.

Congratulations to @Nanuek for defeating my Freebooterz and reaching the Rygas Cup final! I did my best in the semi, but Tom and the Horny Ball Grabbers were simply awesome and I had no answer.

Well played mate and thanks for an enjoyable and well spirited game! :slight_smile:

May Nuffle be with you in the final!

… Chuffed to have made the playoffs after the insane amount off injuries, but Now the Freebooterz and I are looking forward to our Triple Skulls Trophy :skull: :skull: :skull: :trophy: match against @Jim_Albins and the Interceptors :football:

Just to confirm, the Final will be:

Altdorf Villains FC v Horny Ball Grabbers

The 3rd place play off will be played between:

Flash Blitz Freebooterz v the InGen Interceptors

Two very interesting looking games and impossible to pick a favourite for either.:slight_smile:

@Nanuek -Tom, when are you available to play the final? I should be at the club for the next couple of weeks at least and don’t have any other games arranged yet.

How’s the 5th suit you?

Sounds fine to me.

I have printed team sheets.

Good luck boys! Looking forward to spectating on this one! :smiley: My money would have been on the Villains for sure, but the dosh that the Grabbers have squirrelled away could prove decisive