Fluffy 40k game for Wednesday 16th?

Anyone up for a fluffy game of 40k next Wednesday?
I fancy using my Genestealer Cult but they are a long way from being competitive yet, hopefully a new codex will sort that out.
Anyway 1500pts with tactical objective cards?
Cheers
Ali

I would be interested in a game of 40k if you want to face my Salamanders.

I’m not sure what time I’ll be able to get there though, as it’s possible I may not be able to leave work until 7:15, meaning I may not get to the club until 7:45. If you think that’s too late to be starting a game of 40k then I’ll understand if you would rather try to find an opponent who can get there sooner.

Hi Jonathan,
Humm that is a bit of a late start. Although if I have anything left on the board by the end of turn 2 it will be a miracle! T3 and 5+ save doesn’t last long in 8th no cover saves edition 40k.
My only real problem is that I’ve got a long day on Thursday so I would have to leave about 10pm which might only give us 2 hours of playing.
What do you reckon?

Well it will probably be 8pm by the time we start, and whilst fitting a 1500pt game into 2hrs is certainly doable it may mean we end up rushing things, so I’ll understand if you’d rather see if someone else is available. The alternative might be to reduce the game size to 1000pts.

Let’s give it a go. Genestealer Cult are a glass hammer at the moment and their points costs are crazy in the index (6pts for a storm bolter, among over crazy over pricings).
1500pts is good for me and seriously if we get to turn 3 I’ll be very surprised.

I’ll get to the club sometime after 7pm and set up a table so that we can start as soon as possible.
See you Wednesday

Great, see you then.

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks a lot for the game last night. It’s always nice to take the Cult out for a spin, although they haven’t even come slightly close to winning a game in 8th!
Just checked that rules query that we had mid game, turns out we were both kind of right! The FAQ does say: “If a rule allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless otherwise stated, you must roll all of those”. But on p242 where the Command Re-Roll Stratagem is - it says: “you can re-roll a single dice”

So on a charge if you have a rule that says you can re-roll your charges you have to re-roll ALL the dice or if you use the Command Re-Roll Stratagem you can only re-roll a single dice.

The charge that you failed with your captain you probably would have made, as you rolled a 6 and 1 and you shouldn’t have re-rolled both dice when using the Command Re-Roll Stratagem, only one. But if you had made that charge then we wouldn’t have had an epic Warlord-Off, so it all worked out nicely in the end :slight_smile:

Yes, looked it up myself and they do contradict each other slightly, but I think you are right that it is just meant to be one dice for the Command Re-Roll stratagem. It would help if they could Errata it to clarify it is just one dice from a set no matter how many you rolled, or an FAQ to say it is an exception to the FAQ on multi-dice rolls.

And yes, the Warlord-Off was definitely one of the moments of the battle. :smiley:

We’ll have to have a rematch when we both have time to get a full game in, maybe after the Genestealer Cult codex comes out if that isn’t too far off.