Treasurer position

A combination of work and holidays mean I won’t be back to the club till May. Work is continuing to rob my time. Regrettably, I believe that it is time to step down as treasurer and pass to someone more reliable.

Volunteers?

Well, if I count as reliable I’m willing to step up if nobody else does.

Previous experience includes -
Commanding Offices of Col.Thos. Laghtnan’s Regiment, Sealed Knot. Ultimately responsible for Regimental funds and ratifying Treasurer’s Report, reporting to the Board of Directors of the Charity. (Funds circa £1,000, turnover circa £500 PA).
1 of 3 signatories on Bank Account (Perm any 1 of 3). 7 years.

Treasurer for Second Wind Ultimate Frisbee Club. (Funds circa £500, turnover circa £300 PA)
1 of 3 signatories on Bank Account (Perm any 2 of 3). 3 years.

I am fully aware (however) that I am still a relative newbie at Ryga’s compared to some who may be willing to take on the post, and offer if nobody more senior in the club is willing to take this on.

Santa
{(-:)>

Thanks for all you have done Dave, you’ve been an awesome treasurer! Gutted for you that you can’t spend as much time gaming!

Santa, I believe you’d be a very good treassurer however I think it should be a club vote for the position.

Maybe people could put themselves forward here and we ballot it on a club night?

Fred.
It goes without saying that Dave has done an excellent job, He’s always there at an appropriate time to ‘soft arm’ you for your subs :slight_smile:
I fully agree that the selection of Dave’s replacement should be a Club decision, I was just throwing my hat in the ring if nobody else takes up the mantle.
I know how difficult it can be to get people to commit to positions within a wholly voluntary Club, so I thought that I would just state that I was willing to take the position if I was deemed fit by the membership as a whole.
Not quite sure on the pro forma for this in the club, would it actually require an EGM to replace a Committee Post mid term?

You’re right, volunteers can be hard to come by, so I’m glad you have stepped forward!

If I recall from the Club Constitution the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary require a vote at the AGM or an EGM.

We don’t really have a Club Secretary anymore so it’s sort of the Committee No.3.

I think a ballot at an EGM is probably most appropriate but I’ll defer to the committee to decide.

You can run votes on the forum if that helps.

Also, I’m fairly sure that, pursuant to section 12c of sub-section D, any currently unpaid subs at the time of treasurer switchover are thereby, hereto and wherewithal declared null and void. Verily.

• Santa
  • S. Baldrick
  • Pitt, the Even Younger
  • Brigadier General Horace Bolsom
  • Ivor ‘Jest-ye-not-madam’ Biggun

0 voters

Dave is this just a temp situation at the mo or likely to be ongoing situation. if its a temp situation why not elect a secondary treasurer to cover when Dave is away we could do with it anyway so its not down to one person every week to collect the subs

That makes a lot of sense.

@David_Olorenshaw could you outline what it is that the treasurer needs to do so that

1. People know what they’re volunteering for, and
  2. The duties of a Treasurer’s Gimp could be considered

Looks like I will miss at least one night a month and frequently two. Therefore it is untenable to carry on. The role is…

Collect money.
Maintain a register of who has paid and what you have done with the money.
Nag those who owe.
When the box gets too heavy to lift, take money to bank.
The club is paid automatically some of their money, we have to hand over an extra £40 a month in cash, because I cannot work out how to change the standing order.
I tend to buy things for the club myself and then take the cash from the box. This is because we do not have on-line banking.
Once a year give a review of accounts to the club members.
Be appropriately prudent with the clubs money. Some club members would spend everything tomorrow if you let them.

Easy.

Dave, is it your intention to stand down from the committee altogether, or just the role of Treasurer? If the latter, we could switch roles on the committee if that option interests you.

In the interim, I’m happy to keep hold of the cash tin and collect money on weeks you aren’t there.

Hi Committee, have we resolved this yet?
The reason I ask is that Dave from the social club committee keeps asking me about subs and payments, also where our Dave is?!

I think we need to move this along quite quickly now as for a number of weeks subs weren’t collected and I have no idea how much I owe, others will be in a similar situation?

Please can we get a new Treasurer and deputy Treasurer voted in ASAP as bank accounts and the like will need changing?

I am also holding on to £200 of club terrain waiting for the purchase of suitable storage so I can hand it over to the club, and I think the treasurer is needed to sort that?

Thanks

Well I’ve been collecting the subs the last couple of weeks, and I may have enough money now to make some payments to the social club, but I do need a copy of the spreadsheet so I can accurately track who owes what from previous weeks.

You are correct that the situation needs to be resolved though. Either Dave or myself will make an announcement this week to see if anyone else at the club (preferably someone who has a regular pattern of 90%+ attendance) is interested in becoming Treasurer, and then we will have a vote on it either this week or next week depending on how many people express an interest.

Thanks Jon, it’ll be really good to get it sorted.
Cheers

I am grateful for Jon managing attendance registers and collections in my enforced absence. I will be at the club on Wednesday and will be looking to hand over the money box then. I will email the sheet to Jon in the meantime. I am sorry that my work commitments have adversely affected anyone, but I need to put that first.

Could we get a post up on Facebook asking for volunteers as well? Not everyone uses the forum.

Personally if they’re both up for it I think santa and Jon will be the best people for the job,they’re both always there and trusted,lol I thought Jon did it anyway(along side dave),you have my full support if Santa takes on the role.

Completely understand that your work commitments need to come first Dave, I’m sure if it was possible to get around them you would have done.

Just to confirm for those of you that weren’t at the club last week, but @Santa has been confirmed as the club’s new treasurer, with the committee members to deputise/assist on weeks he is not at the club.

Also, it’s possible I may have overcharged some club members last week because I had an incomplete set of data for the weeks that were owed. I have received the rest of the information now and will go through it to check how much everyone has paid in the last month. If I find anyone has paid more than they needed to they will be offered a free week next time they come in.