Warhammer 30K Horus Heresy

Any of you dudes thinking about getting into this ??
Have been Googling like mad and it appears to me to be very promising.
One thing that appeals to me is that it seems to be more of a Beer and Pretzels type game … tailor made for a good time, rather than 40K, which the world hive mind basically says is more orientated to competition gaming, which, quite frankly, I’m not interested in - and that sad syndrome means that 40K incessantly bring out updates to counter players trying to ‘work the rules to advantage’ - that spoils 40K to me, although have to say, I enjoy seeing all our members having a good time at the club, which is fantastic … conundrum ??

For what it’s worth, ruleswise it’s a tweaked version of 40k 7th edition, so is arguably less of a beer and pretzels game than current 40k!

I have a decent Heresy collection and I don’t think I’m the only one. I would say that although the rules are more complicated than 40k, it does tend towards narrative and less competitive play so it is more relaxed in that respect. Also, it doesn’t have some of the features of current 40k such as command points and strategems that make 40k more complicated than the core rules suggest it is. Another thing that helps is that because it is mostly marines vs marines, you usually have a rough idea what your opponent’s army can do before the game starts.